Sunday, March 22, 2009

Weekend fun!

This weekend we woke up early to hit the zoo Saturday morning, we were hoping to make it there before they fed the Koalas so we could catch them moving around. Unfortunately we were about a half hour late, and they were, of course, sacked out already. They were fun to look at just the same, and Maya kept trying to wake them up, yelling "Koala! Wake up Koala!" The lady at the koalas laughed at her. She showed her a Eucalyptus leaf, told her to smell it, and she did. I said Maya, that's called eucalyptus, can you say eucalyptus? And she tried so hard, it was pretty cute. After we left the koalas, we went for a play in the playground area, I was in the bathroom and when I came out I couldn't find Ian in the under 2. Well...little Maya had beelined it for the age 6-12 area! And she had climbed up all by herself! I was amazed at how brave she was. Although in a few spots, she needed help and she found a few kids to help her along the way. She'd say "Can you help me?" and after they gave her a boost up or whatever, she'd say "Thank you!" When she talked about it later too, because I reminded her about climbing up and how brave she was, and how nice it was of the kids, and how polite she was, she'd say "very nice kids! Maya say thank you!" Man she is so cute! She even went down the slides by herself, which amazed me. Even tunnel slides! Usually she's too scared to go by herself, not anymore!

I took her to the park the other day and she was just starting to go by herself on the slides, and killing herself laughing on the swings. :) A little girl came, of course just as we were leaving (always the way!) and she said "hi kid! My name Maya! Come on, come play!"

The day after that day at the park, I took Julia and Maya both, Maya beelined it for the slides, and I took the opportunity to put Julia in the swing before her sister dominated it. I sat her in and gave her a good solid push...well poor Julia basically held her breath and looked like she was struggling to breathe! I stopped the swing and she was OK...pushed her again and same thing! I had to push her really really slowly, I forgot that I think it was actually her first time on the swing, poor thing had no idea what was going on! As soon as I slowed the swing down she started giggling like crazy, especially after Maya slapped her feet and pushed her in the swing too. After I took Julia out, I managed to get her into the baby carrier on my back, all by myself! Well, Maya helped, by clipping the straps for me before they were secured around Julia and I! Thanks, Maya.

One of the other things Maya says all the time- "Maya all self!" (Maya all by herself) Oh and "One second mommy, one second!" or two minutes, or two seconds, etc. Such a nut. :)

No comments:

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates